Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hey Girls

I agree that it's common courtesy to ask someone before posting a picture of them, especially if it could damage their future. I found an article that details in what situations a person could be punished for posting a picture of someone else, which I think is great, especially in the situations listed, like public disclosure of someone enrolled in an alcohol-rehab program.

I found another article explaining some of the consequences of having a questionable photo of one being posted online. It discusses the effects it has on teenagers, especially when dealing with college admissions and future employment, and gives some examples of how minors have been punished by the law.

Julia, I like your idea of having arguments that oppose our position as well as support it. Here's an article stating that employees should accept social media background checks, and be prepared for it, rather than upset after it already happens. I'm not really sure if that would oppose our position, since it's already apart of reality, and I for one believe that people shouldn't post damaging pictures of themselves online; but still think some of the information could be useful.

Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment